The Project and Portfolio I: Visual Design course combines hands-on learning experiences with summative and formative portfolio assessments. In this course, students will create graphics and illustrations that demonstrate an understanding of fundamental design principles. Using traditional drawing techniques and industry software, they will explore the research, preproduction, and concept-development processes involved in the creation of original design projects. This course emphasizes the use of a production workflow to ensure proper file organization, effective team communication, and consistent art direction. Students will explore the expectations and standards of the visual design industries and develop a portfolio plan that reflects their career goals.
This course appears in the following degrees:
- Digital Arts and Design Associate of Applied Science - Campus
- Digital Arts and Design Bachelor of Science - Campus
- Graphic Design Associate of Applied Science - Campus
- Graphic Design Associate of Applied Science - Online
- Graphic Design Bachelor of Science - Campus
- Graphic Design Bachelor of Science - Online