The Gaming Culture and Engagement course investigates how consumers have historically interacted across varying titles and mediums. Students will identify how gaming’s evolution has built segmentation into the market, following expansions in console variety over time and subtle industry developments that have welcomed new styles of gameplay and community engagement. They will navigate each gaming segment’s particular communication networks, engagement levels, and observed values. In understanding these sectors within gaming culture, students will build their skill base for reaching these audiences through targeted storytelling and marketing.
This course appears in the following degrees:
- Game Business and Esports Associate of Science - Campus
- Game Business and Esports Associate of Science - Online
- Game Business and Esports Bachelor of Science - Campus
- Game Business and Esports Bachelor of Science - Online
- Game Business and Esports Certificate - Campus
- Game Business and Esports Certificate - Online